No 1 can resist a delightful pie. Although apple pie commonly ranks as the top rated favored, rooster pie arrives at a quite close 2nd.
Why is a rooster pie recipe these kinds of a well-liked dish for homemaker and their people? For 1, rooster pie can presently be regarded as a total meal mainly because of the proteins and carbohydrates that you can derive from the rooster meat and crust, respectively, and the important fiber from legumes and veggies that you insert to the filling.
Having said that, mainly because you can locate rooster pies nearly everywhere you go, they have turn out to be unfairly labeled as “normal” fare. Some not-so-discriminate persons have even occur to assert that all rooster pies style the similar, even with the point that there are 1000’s of kinds of rooster pie recipes that you can locate on the Internet.
This comment simply cannot be stated of rooster pies designed by culinary professionals from the top 5-star places to eat in the environment right now. Just verify out the actuality cooking shows on Television set and you will see Learn Chefs remodel the humble rooster pie into a gourmet delight.
A person great illustration of a gourmet rooster pie recipe is the Hen and Mushroom Pie creation of Chef David Coulson in the well-liked BBC cooking competitors present “MasterChef” The Pros”. Give this recipe a try out in your very own kitchen area and find out the culinary magic that a Learn Chef can weave upon a humble rooster pie recipe…
MasterChef David Coulson’s Hen and Mushroom Pie
Ingredients for the Hen:
1 huge whole rooster
olive oil, for drizzling
freshly ground black pepper
100ml/3½fl oz rooster inventory
100ml/3½fl oz Madeira
Ingredients for the Sauce:
two tbsps vegetable oil
two tiny carrots }
1 celery adhere } Make sure that these 4 substances are finely chopped
1 shallot }
1 clove garlic }
1 leek, cleaned and sliced
100g/3½oz blended mushrooms (ideally morels and girolles), cleaned and chopped
150ml/5fl oz dry white wine
100ml/3½fl oz double cream
4 huge flat mushrooms (remove the stalks)
Ingredients for the Pastry:
225g/8oz prepared-designed puff pastry
flour, for dusting
1 cost-free-selection egg, crushed
1) Preheat your oven to 200C or 400F or Fuel 6.
two) With the use of a boning knife, minimize off the legs and wings from the rooster and established apart. Carefully carve off the breasts. Drizzle the breasts with a tiny olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Tightly wrap the rooster breasts in plastic cling wrap and established apart.
3) Set up your rooster legs on a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the legs for 30 minutes, or right up until they are golden brown and cooked by means of (poke the thickest aspect of the leg with a fork or skewer to see if the juices operate crystal clear). Baste the rooster as usually as important when cooking.
3) Unwrap the rooster breasts from plastic cling movie. Poach the breasts for twenty minutes (or right up until cooked by means of) in a pan of simmering water. Carefully shred the meat within a bowl and established it apart.
4) Allow your Madeira and rooster inventory in your tiny pan simmer for a couple of minutes before including the rooster wings. Cook dinner the wings for twenty minutes, or right up until it is cooked by means of. Set the wings apart, but hold your cooking inventory on reserve.
five) Cook dinner the sauce by heating butter and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan. Gently fry the carrots, celery, leek and shallot for 4-five minutes, or right up until the veggies get started to soften. Add the garlic and mushrooms alongside one another with your remaining oil and gently fry for another 4 to five minutes. Pour in the wine and simmer right up until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream. Put in your shredded rooster leg meat.
6) Set up your flat mushrooms over a baking sheet and spoon the mushroom sauce on top rated.
seven) For the pastry, start out by rolling out with a rolling pin the puff pastry on a floured surface. With the use of a pastry cutter, stamp out circles in the similar size as the flat mushrooms that you have organized on your baking sheet. Place the pastry on a individual baking sheet. Prick the surface with a fork or skewer. Brush the pastry with the crushed egg. Bake this alongside one another with the crammed mushrooms for eight to ten minutes, or right up until it has risen perfectly and turned golden brown.
eight) To provide, minimize the rooster breast into thick slices with a knife. Clear away all the bones from the rooster wings. Sit the mushrooms on a serving plate. Set up a pastry circle on top rated and at an angle. Lay the rooster breast and wing meats along with. Reheat the reserve rooster inventory and Madeira sauce and drizzle over the plate. Garnish the pie with fresh new thyme. Provide with creamed potatoes.