13 – 23 November 2014
Monday – Friday: open 10.30am – 5.00pm
Saturday & Sunday: open 10.00am – 5.00pm
Free event. Parking fees do apply.
Join in the festive spirit, with:
- Live seasonal musical entertainment from brass bands to string quartets.
- Enjoy mulled cider and German beers in our bavarian beer tent.
- Find the perfect presents for all the family from our wide range of stalls including toiletries, clothes and things for your home.
- Enjoy delicious food, with gourmet burgers, hotdogs, pancakes, churros, fudge and chocolate and treats galore.
- See our own stunning ranges of items in the Chatsworth gift, interiors and garden shops, up in the Stables.
Chatsworth is in the middle of the country, in the Peak District. It is north of Derby, and South of Sheffield. If you are travelling using a sat nav system, please use the post code DE45 1PN.
Arriving by car
- From the M1 take Junction 29, Chesterfield, and follow the brown signs – 16 miles
- From Matlock, take the A6, then the B6012 – 8 miles
- We are 30 minutes drive from Chesterfield railway station and 40 minutes from Sheffield railway station
If travelling through Baslow, you will see the Golden Gates into Chatsworth. These are for authorised access only, except in the case of some special events. Please follow the brown signs for the public entrance to Chatsworth on the B6012.
- The house car park - open every day until 7pm, £3 per car or free with tickets booked online (blue badge holders also park for free). Please note parking on Christmas market weekends (November 15, 16, 22 & 23) is £10 per car (includes entry to the market and £5 redeemable against the price of entry to the house, garden and farmyard on these days)
- Calton Lees car park - at the southern end of the park, open every day until 7pm, £2 per car
Arriving by bus
A number of buses to Chatsworth stop close to the house just a short walk from the house, garden and farmyard entrances.
Passengers arriving by bus into Baslow village are able to access the park via a public footpath. From the bus stop at Goose Green, walk over the bridge and follow the path to your right. It is then a pleasant 2km walk to the House and attractions from here.
For up to date bus information, please visit Derbyshire County Council’s journey planner.
If you travel on TM Travel bus to Chatsworth you will receive £2 discount on house and garden admission. Visitors will receive the discount at the entrance on production of their TM Travel ticket and discount voucher – available in the bus timetable leaflet from tourism information centres, bus stations and the Chatsworth information room.
National public transport links
- Service 440 National Express – London-Derby-Matlock-Bakewell-Buxton
- Transpeak Service – Manchester-Stockport-Buxton-Bakewell-Matlock-Derby- Nottingham
- National Express Coaches – Coach times and tickets
Arriving by train
The closest train station to Chatsworth is Chesterfield. However buses from Chesterfield do not come all the way into to Chatsworth, the closest bus stop is Baslow (2km by foot).
It is possible to take the train to Sheffield then take a bus from the Sheffield Interchange (across the road) directly to Chatsworth. Buses run approximately every hour.
East Midlands Trains operate regular trains to and from Chesterfield and Sheffield via Derby. Chesterfield station is approximately 2 hours journey from London St Pancras.