Chicken Coconut Curry
This dish is indigenous on Kenyan Indian Ocean coastline, spots like Lamu, Malindi, and Mombasa. It is made up of chicken in spicy coconut sauce. Very best served with coconut rice or chapatis. Recipe for the coconut rice below.
eight Parts skinless chicken thighs
two Teaspoon freshly minced ginger
3 Teaspoon freshly minced garlic
two Clean tomatoes
one Teaspoon tomato paste
two Medium sized finely chopped onions
one Teaspoon rosemary herb
one Teaspoon turmeric powder
3 chillies, finely chopped, lower variety for gentle flavour.
one Teaspoon cumin seeds
4 Tablespoon Vegetable oil (I use Sunflower oil)
two Cups coconut milk
Salt and pepper to style
coriander for garnish
3 substantial potatoes halved (optional)
3 difficult-boiled eggs or additional (optional)
This is carried out 3 hours ahead of cooking or overnight.
- Put the skinless chicken thighs in a plastic freezer bag or a bowl with juice from the lime squeezed over.
- Half of the ginger, garlic rosemary, chillis, small salt, and one tablespoon of cooking oil. Blend them properly, pour over the chicken and set in a refrigerator and marinate for two to 4 hours or even overnight.
- Grill the marinated chicken in the oven for about thirty minutes.
- In a different pan, sauté the remaining oil and onions until light-weight brown.
- Incorporate the tomato purée, the tomato paste,the rest of the garlic, ginger, rosemary and chillies and stir. Just after a moment or two insert cumin seeds and turmeric. continue to keep stirring above reduced heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir to mix. Taste for seasoning and insert additional salt if wanted. Lessen the heat and enable simmer until the sauce is thick.
- simmer until the chicken is tender, about thirty minutes
- Garnish with coriander. Serve with basmati rice or chapatis
Coconut Rice Recipe
Coconut rice also regarded as ‘Wali Wa Nazi’ in Swahili.
- 3 cups basmati rice
- two cups coconut milk
- two cups water
- Very little salt to style
- Wash the rice thoroughly in a bowl and set in a strainer to clear away any remaining water, established apart.
- Bring coconut milk and water to a boil in a pan above medium-large heat
- Incorporate the rice and salt blend properly and enable boil. Stir for about 5 minutes or when the water lessens to rice stage.
- Decrease the heat to simmer. The rice is cooked when it will become fluffy and dry.
- Serve the coconut chicken curry.