As its cold why not make your self some chilli bean soup.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth/stock cube and hot water is fine
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- you can also add any veg you like to make it more interesting.In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.Chilli bean soup has been around for ages, you can make it thicker by adding more veg, then using it for jacket potato filling and also dips.