Spicy chilli Beef Burger Ingredients
- handful basil leaves, chopped
- olive oil for frying
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 450g/16oz lean beef mince
Spicy Beef Burger Directions
- First, in a large bowl mix together the mince, garlic, tomato ketchup, mustard, egg, chilli and onion.
- Dive in with your hands and mix until the ingredients are well blended.
- Just before cooking, add the spring onions and basil to the mixture and divide into four patties.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers.
- Next, turn them once only, cooking for about 5-6 minutes each side. (Alternatively you can cook them under a grill for the same time turning half way through.)
- And last, serve with burger buns and salad.