Not only is this homemade chilli cheese recipe fun to make its delicious and very quick and easy.
- 1 litre full-cream milk (use lean milk for a low-fat version)
- white vinegar or lemon juice mixed with a little warm water.
- ½ cup warm water
- salt to taste
- chilli to taste or sauce.
- Set the milk up to boil.
- As the milk is readied, dissolve the citric acid/lemon juice in half a cup of warm water.
- When the milk comes to a boil, pour the acid-water/lemon juice-water mix into it.
- Reduce the heat and stir continuously until the milk is completely curdled.
- Remove from the heat when the separation of the curds and yellowish whey is complete.
- Strain the mixture through a clean muslin cloth.
- Hold it under running water for a minute and then press out the excess water.