This curry chicken recipe will come from Trinidad and is genuinely Caribbean. The East Indians arrived to this aspect of the planet following slavery was abolished. Their cuisine went by a metamorphosis and the curry that we cook dinner nowadays bears no resemblance to the types from India and Pakistan.
Curried Chicken recipe
2 lb. Chicken breast slice into bite sized pieces 4 potatoes peeled and diced 1 massive onion chopped 1 1/2 ozs Curry powder 6 cloves garlic minced 1/2 tsp Sizzling pepper sauce 1 1/2 tsp Salt or to style 2 cups water 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
Mystery Component… three tbsp. Tamarind paste, 1 massive green mango diced or three tbsp. lemon juice
The key to creating a really unique curry is to stir-fry the dry powder for a couple of seconds just before incorporating the meat. This approach releases the curry flavour which is then absorbed in comprehensive by the meat.
* Warmth the oil in a saucepan and then insert the onion and garlic.
* Stir-fry for two minutes or until finally the onions go limp.
* Add the salt and curry powder and keep on stir frying for about ten seconds a lot more.
* Add the meat and stir to coat with the curry combination.
* let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring at minimum 2 times throughout this time.
* Add the water, pepper sauce, tamarind paste and potatoes and keep on medium heat until finally the potatoes are soft and the meat is entirely cooked. This need to acquire somewhere around twenty five minutes.
Serve with roti or around scorching boiled rice.