Sweet chilli dipping sauce recipe
- 125ml water
- 125ml cider vinegar
- 200g sugar
- 6 chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (pulped)
- 2cm piece ginger (pulped or grated)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Put water and vinegar in a saucepan over medium heat. When warm, add sugar and bay leaf and stir as it heats. Bring to boil.
- Mix chillies, garlic, ginger, fish sauce and salt. Add to pan and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off heat, remove bay leaf and stir in the lime juice. Allow to cool a little then transfer to sterile jar for storage