No just one can resist a delectable pie. Though apple pie usually ranks as the leading favored, chicken pie comes at a quite near 2nd.
Why is a chicken pie recipe this kind of a well-liked dish for homemaker and their people? For just one, chicken pie can already be considered as a full food since of the proteins and carbohydrates that you can derive from the chicken meat and crust, respectively, and the important fiber from legumes and vegetables that you incorporate to the filling.
Nevertheless, since you can locate chicken pies basically all over the place, they have grow to be unfairly labeled as “everyday” fare. Some not-so-discriminate men and women have even come to claim that all chicken pies flavor the identical, regardless of the point that there are countless numbers of kinds of chicken pie recipes that you can locate on the World-wide-web.
This remark can’t be mentioned of chicken pies designed by culinary gurus from the leading five-star places to eat in the entire world currently. Just check out the truth cooking exhibits on Tv and you will see Master Cooks renovate the humble chicken pie into a gourmand delight.
One very good illustration of a gourmand chicken pie recipe is the Chicken and Mushroom Pie creation of Chef David Coulson in the well-liked BBC cooking opposition display “MasterChef” The Experts”. Give this recipe a try out in your possess kitchen area and discover the culinary magic that a Master Chef can weave upon a humble chicken pie recipe…
MasterChef David Coulson’s Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Components for the Chicken:
one huge total chicken
olive oil, for drizzling
freshly ground black pepper
100ml/3½fl oz chicken inventory
100ml/3½fl oz Madeira
Components for the Sauce:
two tbsps vegetable oil
two tiny carrots }
one celery stick } Make guaranteed that these 4 elements are finely chopped
one shallot }
one clove garlic }
one leek, cleaned and sliced
100g/3½oz combined mushrooms (preferably morels and girolles), cleaned and chopped
150ml/5fl oz dry white wine
100ml/3½fl oz double cream
4 huge flat mushrooms (get rid of the stalks)
Components for the Pastry:
225g/8oz completely ready-designed puff pastry
flour, for dusting
one totally free-assortment egg, overwhelmed
one) Preheat your oven to 200C or 400F or Gasoline 6.
two) With the use of a boning knife, cut off the legs and wings from the chicken and established apart. Diligently carve off the breasts. Drizzle the breasts with a small olive oil and year with salt and pepper. Tightly wrap the chicken breasts in plastic cling wrap and established apart.
three) Arrange your chicken legs on a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil and year with salt and pepper. Roast the legs for thirty minutes, or right until they are golden brown and cooked via (poke the thickest portion of the leg with a fork or skewer to see if the juices run crystal clear). Baste the chicken as normally as important when cooking.
three) Unwrap the chicken breasts from plastic cling film. Poach the breasts for twenty minutes (or right until cooked via) in a pan of simmering drinking water. Diligently shred the meat inside of a bowl and established it apart.
4) Enable your Madeira and chicken inventory in your tiny pan simmer for a several minutes prior to incorporating the chicken wings. Cook dinner the wings for twenty minutes, or right until it is cooked via. Set the wings apart, but hold your cooking inventory on reserve.
5) Cook dinner the sauce by heating butter and one tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan. Carefully fry the carrots, celery, leek and shallot for 4-5 minutes, or right until the vegetables start out to soften. Increase the garlic and mushrooms jointly with your remaining oil and carefully fry for yet another 4 to 5 minutes. Pour in the wine and simmer right until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream. Set in your shredded chicken leg meat.
6) Arrange your flat mushrooms above a baking sheet and spoon the mushroom sauce on leading.
7) For the pastry, get started by rolling out with a rolling pin the puff pastry on a floured surface. With the use of a pastry cutter, stamp out circles in the identical size as the flat mushrooms that you have organized on your baking sheet. Position the pastry on a individual baking sheet. Prick the surface with a fork or skewer. Brush the pastry with the overwhelmed egg. Bake this jointly with the crammed mushrooms for 8 to ten minutes, or right until it has risen properly and turned golden brown.
8) To provide, cut the chicken breast into thick slices with a knife. Eliminate all the bones from the chicken wings. Sit the mushrooms on a serving plate. Arrange a pastry circle on leading and at an angle. Lay the chicken breast and wing meats along with. Reheat the reserve chicken inventory and Madeira sauce and drizzle above the plate. Garnish the pie with contemporary thyme. Serve with creamed potatoes.