Here's a quick banana bread recipe that only takes about 5 minutes to prepare. Of course, you'll still need to bake it – but that's the easy part! The reason this is such a quick banana bread recipe lies in the fact that you can just mix it by hand quickly, rather than having to take out the beater and then wash it and put it away again, and also in the fact that this dessert bread recipe only uses one mixing bowl. Hardly any dishes, very quick and easy to prepare – oh, and did I mention it's delicious? Not only that, this recipe is also very easy on the pocket.
Bananas are low in fat, have zero cholesterol plus they have very high fiber content. And did you know that bananas also have some protein content? But most of all, bananas are conveniently found everywhere. Baked banana bread, like all baked goodies, will transform your kitchen into aroma heaven. And it's not as complicated as apple pie or chocolate mousse. I tried this just recently and I was amazed that even a 6-year old kid can do this. This recipe is truly fantabulous, so go ahead and try it.
This is the basic recipe. You can also add chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts, peanuts, cashew nuts, etc. depending on your preference. I like to drizzle ground nuts on top just when the loaf is about half done. You know, "to each his own" right? Now, let's begin.
1 1/2 cups of flour
3 large bananas
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp of baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
1) First of all, preheat your oven to 350 ° F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas and the butter. The bananas will need to be mashed before combining them, but mixing them thoroughly with the butter will have the same effect.
3) Add in the sugar, vanilla and the egg, and mix thoroughly.
4) Now add in the flour, a pinch of salt and the baking powder, and mix well.
5) Pour this batter into a baking pan and bake for roughly one hour. Once you are able to poke the batter with a toothpick and have none of it stick, you will know that the batter is done baking and is now banana bread.
That's all it takes to make this quick banana bread recipe. It's a very easy bread recipe with very tasty results – enjoy!