Ginataang suso, or snails cooked in coconut milk is an unique meals that you will discover surprisingly scrumptious. Identical to the rest that’s cooked with coconut milk, you’ll benefit from the wealthy taste of this distinctive recipe. For the adventurous palate, you possibly can do that dish and you’ll certainly agree that the style is extraordinarily yummy.
- 1 kilo snail (suso)
- 1 medium sized inexperienced papaya
- 1 massive onion (sliced)
- half clove garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger strips
- 1 kilo shredded coconut
- malunggay leaves (moringa)
- sizzling chilli
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste
- In extracting the coconut milk, place the shredded coconut is a mixing bowl and pour in 2 cups of water. Squeeze the milk from the combination and use a strainer or a clear material to separate the liquid from the shredded coconut.
- Place the coconut milk in a casserole along with the fish sauce, shrimp paste, onion, ginger and garlic. Set warmth to medium till the liquid involves a boil.
- Pour within the snails and produce to a boil as soon as extra.
- Add the papaya in addition to the malunggay leaves. You can even add a couple of chopped sizzling chili if you wish to need spicy sizzling taste. Don’t overcook the papaya.
- You’ll be able to exchange the recent coconut with coconut milk in can or coconut powder. Nevertheless, you need to keep in mind that recent would at all times give the most effective outcomes.
- In taking out the snail’s content material from the shell, you should use a fork or a toothpick.