This preparation of chili chicken is an Indian Chinese dish that is very easy to make at your home for dinner. It is actually quicker than you think. It takes about 30mins to prepare this delicious, mouth watering chinese delicacy made in Indian style.
- Boneless Chicken – 500gm
- Soy Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- chili Sauce
- Ginger Paste
- 2 Eggs
- Lots of Green chilis
- Vegetable Oil
Preparation Time: 15mins
Cooking Time: 20mins
1. Wash the boneless chicken (500gram) properly and cut it into small pieces (cubes).
2. Take a bowl put the chicken cubes into it, then add 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornflour, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup), 1 tablespoon chili sauce, 1 teaspoon ginger paste, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 2 eggs (separately beaten in a bowl). Mix all the ingredients well and marinade for 1 hour. If you want extra-hot, you can add 5-6 green chilis split into halves in this mixture.
3. In a non-stick pan add 2-3 tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat for 2 mins.
4. Fry the marinated chicken till golden brown and keep aside. Ensure the mixture is thick enough to stay on the chicken pieces. If not, you can add more cornflour to thicken it. Keep the thick mixture for use in Step 6.
5. Take a non stick kadhai (deep bowl) and put 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat for 4 mins add add 5-6 green chili split into halves and fry till the seeds pop. Add 1 big onion (chopped into medium size pieces) along 1 medium chopped capsicum and 1 teaspoon salt and fry till slowly brown and half cooked.
6. When the above mixture (step 5) becomes little tender then add the remaining marinaded liquid mixture (Step 4) and stir well. Close the lid of the kadhai for 2 mins to allow the ingredients to cook.
7. Open the lid and pour some water in the khadai so that the gravy does not become too thick and sticks at the bottom, since stir often. Cook for few mins.
8. When the oil is released out of the gravy (which means the gravy is cooked now), then add the fried chicken (step 4) and mix them in the grave well. Cooked for 5 mins, stir occasionally otherwise it will get stuck to the bottom of the kadhai. Taste the gravy and add salt and / or green chili if required.
9. Finally put 1/2 teaspoon ajeena-moto into the gravy and cook for 1 min.
Caution : The amount of salt added (either during the marinade or during cooking) must be as per taste and controlled as the ketchup and other sauces do have salt in them as well.
This item can be served with fried rice, noodles or lachha paratha. To view the recipe photos, suggested main dishes and discussions, visit Chili Chicken Recipe on Best of Kanchan's blog.