Rice is Indonesian everyday food. We, Indonesians, eat steamed rice 3 times a day. Usually we eat it with additional savory side dishes (since there is no taste of rice). To make a different kind of style to eat rice, we fry it and by adding combination of several traditional Indonesian sauces, the taste of this kind of dish is quite good; Savoury, a little bit sweet and of course spicy, since we Indonesian love hot and spicy dish. But if you do not like spicy food, you can change the chillies with green bell pepper. The most common Indonesian Fried Rice is Meatball Fried Rice. Here is the recipe:
2 plates cold cooked Rice
10 ready to use Beef Meatballs, sliced
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 Red Bird's eye Chillies, crossly sliced (optional, if you like it super hot use birds eye chilli, if not, please use regular chilli or bell pepper chilli)
3 Red Chilies, crossly sliced
2 cloves, Garlic, minced
2 Shallots, minced
1 teaspoon Candlenut Powder
1 stalk Spring Onion, sliced
3 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon White Pepper Powder
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1. Heat Vegetable oil in a wok, saut garlic, Shallots and onion for 2 minutes until soften and fragrant.
2. Add Candlenut powder, bird's eye chilies and red chilies, stir fry for 1 minutes.
3. Pour beaten eggs, scramble finely. Pour oyster sauce, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Stir it.
4. Place cold cooked rice in the wok, mix it well, cook for 5 minutes. Season with sugar and white pepper powder.
5. At last, sprinkle spring onion, stir it well, serve.