There are so many things that you can do with pumpkin in both sweet and savory dishes. It is available fresh around Halloween and I usually make a lot of pumpkin puree and store it to use throughout the year. Use it fresh or canned, either way pumpkin bread recipe always taste great. Given below is a pumpkin bread recipe healthy and easy to make. I have given both the egg and eggless version here for you to try out.
What you will need
– Shredded zucchini – 1/2 cup
– Canned pumpkin – 1 cup
– Wheat flour – 3 cups
– Eggs – 3
– Sugar – 2 cups
– Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
– Vanilla – 1 tablespoon
– Ground cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
– Nutmeg – 1/2 teaspoon
– Freshly crushed cloves – 1/2 teaspoon
– Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
– Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
– Raisins – 1 cup
– Almonds – 1/4 cup
– Soak the almonds in some warm water and leave them overnight.
– Peel the soaked almonds in the morning and slice them in thin pieces.
– Preheat the oven to 350F.
– In a clean bowl, take the eggs and sugar and beat them until fluffy.
– Add the brown sugar and mix well.
– Add the grated zucchini and canned pumpkin and blend well to get an even mix.
– In a dry bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
– Add this dry mix to the pumpkin mix, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix well after each addition.
– Add the raisins and sliced almonds and mix well.
– Grease two standard bread loaf pans.
– Pour the bread batter in the two loaf pans.
– Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes. Check by inserting a knife in the center; if it comes out clean then the bread is done.
– Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
– You can easily freeze this bread for days without it going bad.
For the eggless version, use the following ingredients:
– In place of eggs, use 3/4 cup egg replacer
– In place of sugar, use 1 cup sugar free substitute
– In place of brown sugar, use 1/2 cup brown sugar free substitute
– Add 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce to keep the bread from going dry
– Following the preparation method as above.
Delicious French Toast Recipe
What you will need:
– Pumpkin bread – 8 slices
– Eggs – 2
– Milk – 1/2 cup
– Cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
– All spice – 1/4 teaspoon
– A pinch of salt
– Butter – 2 tablespoons
– Whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, all spice powder and salt till you get a fluffy and runny mix.
– Heat the butter on a skillet.
– Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture and cook on medium heat on the skillet until brown on both sides.
– Serve with maple syrup and cream.