I typically tasted the popular Saag organized by the Punjabis. I was impressed when Gagan, my mate, mentioned about it. I was questioning what could be the seven varieties of leaves which are used in the preparation of this Sat Varga Saag. The words “Sat” in Punjabi suggests seven and “Varga” suggests differentiated. Hence, the curry receives its identify from the seven distinctive types of leaves used in the earning of the dish.
The Recipe For Sat Varga Saag
- Sarson Ka Saag or Mustard leaves-four bunches
- Spinach- two bunches
- Chenopodium album -1 bunch
- Soya or Lao coriander-1 bunch
- Radish leaves-1/two bunch
- Beetroot leaves-1 bunch
- Turnip leaves-1 bunch
- Salt-two tablespoons
- Garlic cloves-twenty-25
- Environmentally friendly Chillies-10-twelve
- Ginger-1 massive piece
- Onion-two large types
- Pink Chilli powder-two tablespoons
- Cumin seeds-1 tablespoon
- Corn flour-3 tablespoons
- Black Cardamom-four
- Garam masala powder-1 tablespoon
- Oil-3 tablespoons
- Tomatoes-3 large types
Methods For Preparing
- Cleanse all the leafy vegetables and wash them carefully.
- Minimize them into great way(quite tiny in dimension).
- Set them in a stress cooker.
- Prepare dinner them for 30 minutes with out stress.
- Environmentally friendly chillies must be finely slice into round pieces.
- Take away the dry covering from the garlic cloves and slice them also into great pieces.
- Minimize ginger also into tiny pieces.
- Take away the lid of the stress cooker after sometime.
- Insert environmentally friendly chillies.garlic and ginger pieces into the stress cooker and cook dinner for yet another 10 minutes.
- Permit all the water be vapourised from the leaves.
- Leave it for right away.
- Just take an onion and slice into tiny pieces.
- Just take a wok and insert oil into it.
- Insert crushed black cardamoms and cumin seeds into it.
- After couple of seconds, insert onions and saute them till they are translucent and pink in colour.
- Insert tomatoes and stir them effectively with onions.
- Just take a large bottom ladle and a utensil.
- Just take out some boiled leafy vegetables and area them in the utensil.
- Mash the leafy vegetables lightly with the ladle.
- Insert the corn flour into the mashed leafy vegetables and combine them effectively.
- Insert the mixture of mashed leafy vegetables and corn flour into the wok.
- Insert salt, pink chilli powder and garam masala.
- Mix them effectively yet again and cover the wok.
- Decreased the flame of the gasoline burner.
- Take away the wok from the gasoline stove and provide the curry with Indian bread or rotis.
The boiled leafy vegetable can be stored in the refrigerator for a week’s time. One particular could get out a tiny amount from it as for every the requirement and relish it with white butter. It is typically cooked in the course of winter season months. It is greatest for performing specialists and housewives. It has a superior amount of vitamins and is quite hygienic.