Baked Rice and cheese Recipe:
Equipment : two 3-gallon stock pots,
two 12″ x 20″ x 2 1/2″
steam table pans
Serving Size: 3″ x 3″ square
Yield: 48 servings
Oven Temperature: 325 degrees Fahrenheit
Regular long grain rice 2 1/4 pounds
Boiling water 2 1/2 quarts
Salt 2 tablespoons
Medium White Sauce 1 1/2 quarts
Grated process American or sharp
cheddar cheese 2 pounds
Eggs, separated 36
Salt 1/4 cup
Dry mustard 2 tablespoons
Paprika 1 tablespoon
I. Add rice to boiling water and salt in stock pot, Cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand for 2 -4 minutes to dry out.
2. Prepare Medium White Sauce.
3. Add cheese to hot white sauce and heat, stirring constantly,until cheese melts. Mix sauce with cooked rice.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; set. aside.
5. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Blend in salt, mustard, and paprika.
6. Stir egg yolks into rice mixture, then fold in beaten egg whites until well blended.
7. Turn mixture into greased steam table pans. Bake in 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour or until firm. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes, then cut pans 4 x 6. Serve with mushroom sauce.
Note for you:
– Egg may be bought fresh, frozen, or dried.
– Fresh eggs are perishable, so keep in the refrigerator, away from bad odor foods.