Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total cooking time: 12 minutes
– oil, for cooking
– 500g (1lb) lamb backstrap (tender eye of the lamb loin), cut into thin strips
– 4 spring onions, thickly sliced
– 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1/3 cup (80ml/23/4 fl oz.) dry sherry
1. Heat the wok until it becomes pretty hot and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Then swirl it around to coat the side of the wok. Then stir-fry the lamb strips in batches over medium heat, in the mean time adding more oil whenever it is necessary. After that remove all the lamb from the wok.
2. The reheat the wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Then stir-fry the garlic and spring onion for about 2 minutes or so. Then remove from the wok and set it aside. After that, add the soy sauce, the sherry and the sweet chilli sauce to the wok. Then bring to the boil, reduce the heat a bit and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes or so.
3. Then return the meat and the spring onion to the wok, and toss with the sauce. Serve it immediately sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
– Protein 30g;
– Fat 20g;
– Carbohydrate 7g;
– Dietary Fibre 1,5g;
– Cholesterol 80mg;
– Energy 1445kJ (345cal)
1. Slice the lamb backstrap into very thin strips with a knife.
2. Stir-fry the lamb in batches over very high heat so that they fry.
3. Add the soy sauce, sherry and sweet chilli sauce to the wok and bring to the boil.