6 burger buns
3/4 cup brown rajma or red kidney beans (soaked overnight)
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato grated
1 tsp. each ginger & garlic paste or grated 1 tbsp.
tomato ketchup 1
tsp. garam masala powder 2 tsp. red chilli powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp. butter
2 tomatoes thinly sliced
3 salad leaves cleaned and halved
1 onion sliced into thin rounds
1 small cucumber thinly sliced
1 tbsp. cabbage finely shredded
1 tbsp. cheese grated
1 tbsp. butter
- Cut a 2 inch wide round off the top of the bun.
- Carefully scrape out inside of bun keep a thick wall.
- Repeat for all buns. Save tops, keep aside.
- Run bun scrapings in mixie till fine crumbs are obtained.
- Pressure cook rajma till very soft. (6 whistles approx.)
- Mash coarsely, keep aside.
- Heat butter in heavy pan, add ginger garlic, stir well.
- Add onions, tomatoes, stir fry for a minute.
- Add rajma, masalas, chillies, sauce, salt, mix well.
- Add hald crumbs, stir.
- Sprinkle some of remaining crumbs on base of bun inside.
- Stuff filling half way into buns, and level with a teaspoon.
- Place 2 slices of tomato, one onion round, 2 pieces of salad leaf over stuffing. Press lightly. Top with some cabbage, cheese and butter.
- Drizzle some of both sauces, place top of bun back.
- Grill in a hot over for 2 minutes just before serving.
- Serve hot decorating place with potato chips, fries or salad for the cal. conscious.
Though you may prepare the stuffing and other ingredients hours ahead, fill buns just before you plan to grill them, otherwise they may get soggy due to the stuffing.
You may use any other variety of beans too, example soyabeans, baked beans, blackeyed beans, etc.
Making time: 30 minutes (excluding rajma soaking and cooking time)
Makes: 6 buns
Shleflife: Best immediate
Stuffing: 2 days refrigerated, 2 months frozen.