Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 40 minutes.
Serves / Makes : 6
for the manchurians:
potatoes boiled pealed and mashed 500 g.
cabbage finely shredded 3/4 cup.
carrrots grated 1/2 cup.
maida 3 tbsp.
oil to deep fry.
salt and pepper to taste.
for the gravy:
3 large onions made into a paste in a mixer.
2 large tomatoes made inot a paste in a mixer.
soya sauce 3 tbsp.
chilli sauce 3 tbsp.
vinegar 2 tbsp.
tomato ketchup 1/2 cup.
cabbage finely shredded 1/4 cup.
one medium sized onion cut into 4 and leaves separted.
4 – 5 green chillis cut lengthwise.
ajinomoto 2 tbsp.
salt and pepper to tast.
oil as required.
water 2-1/2 cups.
1. mix all the ingredients to form a dough.
2. shape the dough into cutlets by hand.
3. heat oil in kadahi.
4. fry the cutlets and keep aside.
1. heat oil in kadahi.
2. fry onion paste till golden brown.
3. add tomato paste.
4. fry till the paste starts leaving kadahi.
5. add 2-1/2 cup water.
6. add soya sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar, ajinomoto, ketchup, salt and pepper.
7. add shredded cabbage, separated leaves of onion, and chillis.
8. cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
add hot gravy to the cutlets just before serving.
User Comments & Tips
1. add gravy to the munchurians just before serving or else they will get mushy.
2. you may adjust the quantity of sauces according to taste.
3. manchurians may be served with either fried rice or as a plain snack with tea.